Monday 5 August 2013

Lecy rambles with seriousness this time



Those of you who are reading this and know me well, most likely know that I very rarely get serious. But I'm about to get serious.

Lately I've been learning about how faith without works is dead (James 2 : 26b). Of course we're not saved by our works. But I've learnt that if we are really Christians, good works will necessarily flow out from our faith. It's taken a while for me to actually realize this. "It is a flat impossibility to be born of the Spirit and have no change in ones's life." If we're Christians our lives should be changing. We cannot keep living how we did before we came to Christ. If we continue like that, we aren't actually Christians.  But if we have a true faith we will try to do what God wants not what our old sinful selves want. Sure, what God wants might be the harder choice, but think of the long run. Would it be better to have something easier now, and then be in eternal damnation? Or to have things difficult now and then be with God in Heaven for eternity?
We might be professing our faith, but we need to possess what we profess as well.

So since faith without works is dead, I'm trying to focus more on my devotion time with God. I must admit, it's not easy. But it's so good to spend time with our Heavenly Father and be filled with his Goodness and continually be reminded of what His Son did for us. I'm not trying to make myself sound really righteous and holy, trust me, I know I'm far from those. I'm a sinner, just like everyone else. But I also know that I've received forgiveness for my sins. And since I know this, I want to live my life for God. Not only will I profess my faith, I will also posses it.

Please read 1 peter 4.
I know from experience that it's really difficult to do good works when you're constantly being reviled for Christs' sake. But in 1 peter 4, He's promised that He will reveal His Glory to us. That's what we can look forward to when we're suffering for our good works. Matt 5:10-12 "Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for you reward is great in heaven."

I'm sorry if none of this made sense, but it made sense in my mind so I wanted to blog about it. Also, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was jumping from one thing to another..

Yes!


:D


Haha so true!! :P


Anyway, I'm finished now. I hope I didn't bore you to death with my little Bible rant.



Just so you can have a laugh, I thought I'd finish off with this.
xD

Lecy x






No comments:

Post a Comment